Welcome!

This blog started as a way to share a novel I was writing with my middle school students. Now it's a way for me to sharing my writing and my reading with them.

Special note to my students: please be "cyber safe" whenever you post anything on the web. Don't include your full name, age, address, or school. You can post a message in the comments section as "anonymous" and then just leave your initials if you want me to know who you are. :)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Publication Update

I've been reading a lot online lately about the dangers of posting book chapters online. The fear is that someone may steal your fabulous idea and get the book (or one very similar to it) published first. Many literary agents and publishers are strongly recommending NOT posting book chapters for free online.

Furthermore, I've just sent the manuscript out to a publisher. If by some lucky chance, the editor is interested in publishing my humble little book, I'll have to comply with the regulations of whatever contract I sign.

Therefore, I won't be posting any more chapters--at least for the very near future. If you want to know what happens next to Alex, email me and I'll send you some more. I believe those of you who have been following this blog know how to get my school email address (check the school's website if you don't).

Thanks so much for following Alex's story thus far! If I get any more news about getting the book published, I'll post it here. In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment